11.30.2012

happy birthday daddy!

we celebrated jim's 35th birthday tonight. during the day lily and i bought him some presents and everything we needed to make him a red velvet cake. we rushed home and lily helped me make the cake and decorate the wrapping paper for his gift. we ordered thai food and luckily everything was ready just in time for him when he came home from work. lily was so excited to carry out his presents and help him open them. one of which was a book called Just Me and My Dad. it was one of my favorite books as a child and now lily and jim can read it together. of course lily's favorite part of the night was the "happy cake". she was more than willing to sing happy birthday and help jim blow out his candles.

3 comments:

  1. I love the memories you are making! This made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Happy Birthday Jim! We decorated the paper on Robert's gift too...did you guys save it? It took everything in me not to hoard it in the drawer so I threw it away...we got a picture though. Your cake looks delicious and professional. I never can master the two layer thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we saved it. i cut out the part that she drew on. we have a file where we save stuff like that. the cake was surprisingly easy. it was only the second one i've ever made.

      Delete